Nycasius de Clibano (fl. 1457-1497), composer and singer
He was active in ‘s-Hertogenbosch from 1457 to 1497. In 1457, he was lead singer of the Illustre Lieve Vrouwe Broederschap, in the following year he married and in 1466-1467 and joined as a member of this fraternity. In the years 1470 he was appointed ‘ sworn brother ‘ of the brotherhood, which meant that he at that time belonged to the spiritual state, because only clerics were eligible for this honorable title. One of his tasks as a member of the fraternity was searching for new singers from other cities.
Jheronimus de Clibano (ca. 1459-1503), composer and singer
He was a son of Nycasius de Clibano, who preceded him as a composer and singer. His brother, Jan de Clibano, is only known as a singer. By november 1484 and early 1488, he was a singer of the Bossche Illustre Lieve Vrouwe Broederschap. Jheronimus de Clibano, like his father, was also appointed ‘ sworn brother ‘ (member in top grade) of this brotherhood.
Jheronimus Bosch (ca. 1450-1516), painter
Posthumous also known as Jeroen Bosch or Hieronymus Bosch and Jheronimus van Aken, was a Dutch Northern renaissance painter. He went down in history as ‘ the duvelmakere ‘ (the creator of Devils) and as a painter of satirical performances, but he is of particular significance as innovator of the existing image tradition. He was inventive at using existing patterns and devised a series of new compositions. The consequence of this is that the precise meaning of some of his work today is unknown. Although he already was a famous painter during his life and orders of the Ducal Court in Brussels, very little is known about him.
Jan Heyns (†1516), architect
The Bruges architect Jan Heyns was active in ‘s-Hertogenbosch from 1495. Here he was superintendent of the current St. John’s Cathedral. The building of this was in full swing during this period. Under his leadership the chapel of ‘Onze Lieve Vrouwebroederschap’ direction (the current h. sacrament Chapel) was completed in 1496 and all but the 16th Tower of the Roman Sint Jan was demolished to make way for the nave in 1505. In appreciation for his work, Heyns was admitted to ‘Onze Lieve Vrouwebroederschap’ as sworn brother.
Frederik van Egmont (ca. 1440-1521), Duke of Buren and Leerdam
Lord of IJsselstein, count of Buren and Leerdam and Councillor-Chamberlain of Charles the bold and Maximilian I of Austria. He was also Lord of Cranendonck and Eindhoven. His nickname was: Gijs Cross-eyed. Second son of Willem IV of Egmont and Walburga van Meurs. In 1492 he was awarded by Maximilian the titles count of Buren and count of Leerdam. In 1499 he was sworn as ‘ brother ‘ admitted to the Onze Lieve Vrouwe broederschap.
Willem van Oranje (24 april 1533 – 10 juli 1584)
Prince of Orange, count of Nassau-Dillenburg, better known as William of Orange or under his nickname William the Silent, and father of the fatherland, was initially often Netherlands stadtholder (substitute) for the reigning Lord of the Netherlands.